X9’s Quantum Computing Information Page
X9 is committed to: 1) tracking the development of technology required to build large scale quantum computers; 2) identifying the companies, universities and countries that have the largest and most advanced functioning quantum computers; 3) following research into methods to minimize or eliminate avenues of attack by quantum computers on the financial services industry; 4) determining what actions the financial services industry should be taking to protect against attacks from large scale quantum computers; and 5) periodically publish reports on all of these efforts. Click on the button above to request a copy of our latest report.
The X9 Quantum Computing Risk Study Group started work to update the X9 Quantum Risk Whitepaper in 2021. The updated whitepaper along with corporate guidelines for addressing the quantum risk are expected to be published in the fall of 2022. As of July 2022, the group is in the final stages of completing the update. If you would like to participate in this work, please contact X9 staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
URLs to Recent Quantum Computing Related Publications.
- NIST Announces First Four Quantum-Resistant Cryptographic Algorithms (July 2022)
- X9 Press Release on Quantum Computing Risks to the financial services industry.
- NIST Reveals 26 Algorithms Advancing to the Post-Quantum Crypt ‘Semifinals’.
- Wired – Inside the High-Stakes Race to Make Quantum Computers Work.
- Quantum Computing That Can Crack Modern Encryption More Than a Decade Away.
- Quantum Computing Done at Scale.
Request Recent X9 Publications.
ASC X9 TR 48-2018 Card-Not-Present (CNP) Fraud Mitigation in the United States
ANSI X9.124-2-2018 Financial Services – Symmetric Key Cryptography for the Financial Services Industry – Format
Preserving Encryption- Part 2: Key Stream with Counter Mode
ANSI X9.129-2017 (Version 01) Legal Order Exchange
ANSI X9.69-2017 Framework for Key Management Extensions