X9’s Quantum Computing Information Page
X9 is committed to: 1) tracking the development of technology required to build large scale quantum computers; 2) identifying the companies, universities and countries that have the largest and most advanced functioning quantum computers; 3) following research into methods to minimize or eliminate avenues of attack by quantum computers on the financial services industry; 4) determining what actions the financial services industry should be taking to protect against attacks from large scale quantum computers; and 5) periodically publish reports on all of these efforts. Click on the button above to request a copy of our latest report.
If you would like to participate in this work, please contact X9 staff (email@example.com) for information.
URLs to Recent Quantum Computing Related Publications.
- X9 Press Release on Quantum Computing Risks to the financial services industry.
- NIST Reveals 26 Algorithms Advancing to the Post-Quantum Crypt ‘Semifinals’.
- Wired – Inside the High-Stakes Race to Make Quantum Computers Work.
- Quantum Computing That Can Crack Modern Encryption More Than a Decade Away.
- Quantum Computing Done at Scale.
Request Recent X9 Publications.
ASC X9 TR 48-2018 Card-Not-Present (CNP) Fraud Mitigation in the United States
ANSI X9.124-2-2018 Financial Services – Symmetric Key Cryptography for the Financial Services Industry – Format
Preserving Encryption- Part 2: Key Stream with Counter Mode
ANSI X9.129-2017 (Version 01) Legal Order Exchange
ANSI X9.69-2017 Framework for Key Management Extensions