The Accredited Standards Committee X9 (ASC X9) has the mission to develop, establish, maintain, and promote standards for the Financial Services Industry in order to facilitate delivery of financial services and products.
Under this mission ASC X9 fulfills the objectives of:
- Support (maintain, enhance, and promote use of) existing standards;
- Facilitate development of new, open standards based upon consensus;
- Provide a common source for all standards affecting the Financial Services Industry;
- Focus on current and future standards needs of the Financial Services Industry;
- Promote use of Financial Services Industry standards; and
- Participate and promote the development of international standards.